Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Brief Blog 'Bout Biscuits

Minor League Baseball stadiums in Alabama aren't the greatest. The Hoover Met, home of the Barons, is nice, but likely the blandest stadiums I've been to. Hank Aaron stadium in Mobile, home of the Bay Bears, isn't much better and the seating is horrible. The suites are located on field level while the regular admission is in the 2nd level. I've also heard, but have not confirmed myself, that Huntsville anything worth seeing either.

However, one city was able to get it right. The city of Montgomery had no problem surpassing the rest of the state's MiLB stadiums with River Walk Stadium. The stadium is actually an old train station, which automatically makes it the most unique ballpark I've ever seen.

Of course, I didn't go just for the stadium, as the AA Mississippi Braves were in town. I didn't get any autographs, as I was with a friend. Nothing wrong with just taking in a game every now and then. A few pictures

Cody Johnson before the game:
<span class=

The View From My Seat:
<span class=

Final Score:
<span class=

W: David Newmann (1-0)
L: Scott Diamond (0-2)

Only a few notes from the game, as the Braves offense kept quite all day. David Newman didn't get a pitch over 86 all day, but kept everyone off balance with a nice change of speeds with his curve.

Cody Johnson didn't strike out, but was WAY to aggressive. He tried to pull everything and I don't believe he made solid contact all day. Poor approach from start to finish for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment