Friday, March 5, 2010

First Surprise of The Season

I always have a hard time paying attention in the spring semester. Why? Because during the last week of February, a magical thing starts: Baseball Spring Training. Every team is in first place and has the ability to win the next 3 World Series, at minimum, in the minds of us fans. Even better is the first week of March, when they actually play exhibition games.

However, the best part to me is the the first through-the-mail autograph I get in the mailbox. Every spring, I spam fill clubhouse mailboxes with about 10-20 different autograph requests for different players. I send a note and a baseball card or two for particular players I can never seem to 1. sign at the ball park or 2. have public signings in the ATL area. For two stamps, my autograph collecting spirit is given hope and enthusiasm. Today, my hope paid off with the arrival of these two cards to my collection: Former Braves Farmhand Elvis Andrus and Former Braves Closer Mike Gonzalez. If you didn't notice, I have a fetish obsession for "throwback" style baseball cards.

Elvis Andrus Mike Gonzalez

Photos, as always, courtesy of Photobucket.com/atlantabraves

No comments:

Post a Comment